Wednesday, July 29, 2009

ESPN releases the Top 5 hardest non-conference Pac 10 games


While typically I like to stay just to the Pac-10, I recently read an article by ESPN staff writer, Ted Miller who gave his thoughts on the Top 5 Scariest Non-Conference Pac 10 Games… it struck me as interesting and since half of every match up is one of “my” teams I guess I will break my strictly Pac-10 talk and share with you what Mr. Miller feels us Pac-10ers need to focus on:

1) Central Michigan vs. Arizona (September 5)
2) Purdue at Oregon (September 12)
3) Oregon State at UNLV (September 12)
4) California at Minnesota (September 19)
5) USC at Notre Dame (October 17)

Now I don’t know too much about these other teams, but I can say that the California at Minnesota game is sure to be a tough one with the Minnesota Golden Gophers playing in their new home TCF Bank Stadium. In my experience Midwest football fans are about as hearty as it gets and our Cal Golden Bears will have their hands full for sure! The USC at Notre Dame game is always a good one, with the long time Trojans-Fighting Irish rivalry, it is almost always a fan favorite for both seasons. This year with the game in South Bend, I do worry that the Trojans won’t hear their fan support as loud as the Irish will, hopefully it won’t mess with their concentration too much!



Most of these games should be televised so if you can’t make it to the games, make sure you watch and see if Mr. Miller is right about these tough match-ups!

No comments:

Post a Comment